But I DO have some big, exciting, new news: I am happy to announce that I am now a FULL TIME DISNEY CAST MEMBER!!!! I am the newest full time coordinator to join the Conservation Education Operations team! To think that over two years ago I was driving the Wildlife Express Train, and I return to that same park to "explore the wilderness" as a troop leader...and then become the intern for the next batch of troop leaders...and eventually become a coordinator on this very same team that consistently inspires thousands of guests every day is incredible. It is truly an honor and something I would never in a million years would have predicted. Life is funny and wonderful in that way! =)
Two projects I made: a flip book of the gorillas at GRACE, used by teachers in Africa! Also, trivia cards used in
Animal Kingdom highlighting cultural topics, such as food and art, from India, Indonesia, and Thailand! =D
1. That time Stephanie V, Ben, Steven, and I had the most magical moment each devouring an Olaf Cupcake! <3
2. Playing a little part in the wonderful organization GRACE, that saves critically endangered Grauer's gorillas in the Congo. (Wait, what?! Yes, little ole Brittany was involved in such an incredible mission!)
3. That time a family was so happy that I was able to get them the badges they were missing that they bought me popcorn, ha!
4. Helping out at Headquarters teaching a family all about the WE program, and the mom said, "Wow! You are really good at that!" Yeah, I've had some practice. ;)
5. That time I was giving a pre-shift on team work and inspiration, and Amira exclaimed "Wait, I'm not supposed to be here!" (Little miss thing just misread her schedule, hence the outburst =P)
6. Winning the GSF drawing! Woohoo for freebies!
7. Group lunches at Chick-Fil-A with Steph, Steven, Zak, and Matt <3
8. The AZA conference! (Amazing!)
9. My Core Team Shadow day with Christina and a TORNADO almost came, but we still stocked HQs like champs. (Thank gosh Christina was cool as a cucumber ha!)
12. When Ryan and I thought there was a town hall, but we got locked out...and there was never a town hall hahaha! (PS: I love town halls!)
13. The Christmas party! And giving DeAndre his secret santa gift <3
14. When Amber and I were in a direct connect, and we put together her watch was 10 minutes fast and we laughed and laughed! =D
15. Bringing little Miss Katelyn to Disney for the first time!
15. When I was AM on New Year's Day, and we all were working on naps haha!
16. The day we had FOUR call-outs on Christmas Eve...and I tried my best to make it has fun as possible. (I also learned my reaction to being terrified is to laugh manically =D)
17. When I attempted to plan a scavenge hunt on the last pre-shift, and it did not go exactly as planned, but it was still lots of fun!
I could go on and on; there were so many awesome memories! I am so fortunate for this group of presenters. They were the best first group a new coordinator could ask for. I will always be thankful for their laughs, positivity, enthusiast, love for Habitat, extreme recruiting, and overall FUN personalities! I can't wait to see where there next adventure takes them! <3