Throughout my internship as a Wilderness Explorer Troop Leader, I wrote down some of my favorite moments, memories, and adventures. A way to remember all the beautiful, wonderful, funny things that happen when you are working and living at Disney. Considering my Troop Leading days ended a few weeks ago AND that is it TBT (haha!), I think it is a perfect time to reflect back on these explorin' times! And here they are - just SOME of my favorite Troop Leader moments. =)
- Meeting the cutest, little gorilla fan, who surprised me and returned two days later!
- The time I asked a little girl why we shouldn't have macaws as pets, and she replied, "Yeah because sometimes they land on your head and blood goes every where." (This was also the day that craziness kept happening back to back.)
- Almost being kissed by a little British boy, ha
- Giving two adults their Senior Wilderness Explorer badge and having a group hug. (It just seemed right, ha!)
- Meeting the two cutest brothers and teaching them the meaning of "camouflage" (Seriously, I died from their cuteness!)
7. Meeting Valeria at DAKL and how she was convinced in "six months" me and Steve would be married hahahaha
8. When a Spanish guest thought I described It's Tough To Be A Bug as a ride about "sex." (To clarify, I said "insects" ha ha!)
9. The guesses at tracking badge (frog, hippo, polar bear, watermelon, pencil). It's a lion, by the way. =P
10. Making 27 individualized badges for all my WE coworkers for Valentine's Day with roomie Alisha.
12. Recruiting and bonding with 30 high schoolers as WEs.
13. That time I held a baby ha!
14. The little boy who told me he once wanted to be a rockstar, but decided he wanted to be "an animal saver" instead, d'awwww! <3
16. Meeting a little tyke named Joey while off-work who became my instant BFF!
17. The guy who thought I was an immigration officer. (and wasn't joking!)
18. The look on parent's face when I tell them, "And there are 30 more badges you can earn today!" (Bahaha!)
19. That fan that turned flamingo into a tiny tornado and Steven's impression of me saying, "It's nest looks like a VOLCANOOOO!"
20. My first autograph request, d'awww!
21. Being a member of the "Quack Pack" (i.e. a stupid duck hit you in the face. -_-)
22. Any and every time someone said I resembled a Disney princess or Britney Spears, ha!
23. The little tyke that called me a "poo poo head" as a term of endearment! And then refused to leave the tracking location, and I had to walk him hand-in-hand to gorilla, ahaha!
24. When guests would ask to take selfies with me, bahaha!
25. Anytime Nicole cooked for me and the roomies! (Like that time she surprised us with BANANA pancakes/homemade bread for Italian night/peanut butter cookies/etc...)
26. When two little twins celebrating their birthday were so happy to ask for my autograph, AWWW! =)
27. The following messages: 1. food, 2. specifically, donuts. 3. Ryan Gosling =P
29. Being picked as an Apawsagram winner!! =)
30. Meeting two of the cutest, sweetest little brothers: one who wanted to be both a flamingo and a dinosaur scientist (ironically, after I gave him both his fossil and flamingo badge =P), and the other who said, "No high fives. Hugs instead!" Plus, their family said I really "changed their day." SO SWEET! <3
31. When a sweet, little explorer randomly ran back to me just to ask if I'd like to be her best friend!
32. The little Hispanic boy who wished me a "Happy Easter!" (Apparently, he was wishing everyone a "Happy Halloween" beforehand, baha!)
34. That week half of Kentucky came to WDW, therefore we had the NICEST guests ever! (Some even knew my pediatrician bahaha!)
35. The little boy who was SHOCKED when he found out I liked Star Wars and then talked like Yoda.
36. Discussing poop drawings with a tiny poop artist! (Hahaha)
37. The day (April 16th to be exact) I got a legit bed from Aunt Cinnamon, Easter dinner and good times with Aunt Lisa, celebrated the 10th anniversary of Mean Girls with my Explorer crew, and got a SECOND PI!!! It was a wonderful day...maybe the best!! =)
39. Spending time at Habitat Badge with Ben and challenging each other to include Taylor Swift into as many of our conversations as possible! (Also, that time it POURED on us, feared we were gonna be electrocuted, and had an armadillo friend join us when the rain passed. And the ultimate adventure when a little Hispanic Guest loved the "tortuga!" and kept telling Ben about it...and then kissed me. =D)
40. Happy hour times Chuy's with my explorerssss and my favorite waiter (Will!)!
41. Any of our teambuilders!
42. BEING PAID TO EAT PANCAKES <3
43. Being on the cover of Eyes and Ears! (Still so crazy to me!!)
44. Had a guy tell me his friend would love to become a Wilderness Explorer because he wanted to "explore dating me and earn all my badges." Gotta give him kuddos for trying, ha!
45. Any time someone visited me! =) (Especially Zac Efron!)
46. Going to MK and there being an unannounced cast preview of Mine Coaster and getting to ride it like 10 times! (A being evaced, woot woot!)
47. That Festival of Fantasy parade <3 <3 <3
49. That week three boy explorers kissed me. (What can I say?! =P)
50. Seeing Bey and Jay with my one true love Steven in MIAMIIII! (Also, the fact that both of our siblings are convinced we are dating, hahaha!)
51. When a Guest came up to me and told me, "As an educator of 30 years, education publisher, father, and grandfather, you are the best of the best when it comes to teaching." AWWWWWW! Seriously, this was the best compliment ever!
52. My last Troop Leader day: meeting a little fellow BG-er, Wishes with my Explorers, and whooping all night long!
them all at once. However, I think 52 is a pretty good number, yeah?!
And lastly, here are some more funny, outtake-esque photos
highlight my fellow Troop Leaders throughout our program.
And I'll never forget it. =)